First off nice to see that there has been some activity in the form of people viewing the blog - always nice to see and keep me motivated.
As the title suggests, progress is being made in several areas and I even have pitucres to prove it. First up I'll start with the necrons.
Nothing special here, simple gaming standard models to help me get a force on the table. Airbrushed with P3 Pig Iron, drybrushed with VMC Gunmetal followed by VMC Oily Steel. Guns painted black with 2 grey highlights (I may redo these, used P3 Thamar black and its coverage was less than good and glossy to boot). Hit the whole model with a Badab black wash and a quick drybrush of oily steel for the shine.
To make my Scarab swarms that little more imposing I've custom cast a base for them. Nothing pretty and a complete rush job, but it will do what it needs to do.
Now for something I'm extremely pleased and proud about. My grey company list includes Aragorn with an elven cloak so I set about converting/sculpting what I needed. Now I cant scult for my life yet with patience, perseverance and a little work each night for about 8 - 10 days I came up with the model below. Its based on the old Helm's Deep Aragorn (by far my favourite version of him) and is currently looking like this:
I'm pleased with it - its actually a very smooth scult that I managed and has filled me with a little confidence that has bouyed me on to thinking about my next greenstuff attempt (probably going to be furs and such for my space wolves when I get round to them.
Finally, I have a plea - if anyone has any metal Uruk Hai Scouts with bows (need 9), Shields (need 13) or Metal Warg Riders (1 with bow, 5 with spears/swords) then please get in touch as I am in need of them for my 700 point Uruk Hai scout force (more on that in a later post.)
Thanks for reading,
Segmentum Obscurus Studios